Welcome to the TREEADS Project Website privacy notice.
This privacy notice provides information on how we collect and processes your personal data when you visit our website. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with our Cookies Policy which contains more detailed information about our data processing.
Please, note that you will be asked to consent to the use and storage of these cookies.
Important information and who we are
ACCELIGENCE LTD is the controller and is responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices, you can contact us at:
Address: ACCELIGENCE Ltd,
Center Point Tower, Stasikratous 37, 1065, Nicosia, Cyprus
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected them which includes the following cases:
- Communicating TREEADS news, achievements and pilot activities.
- Informing about TREEADS awareness campaigns, events’ organisation and sending invitations for participation or performing a speech.
- Diffusing the project main outcomes.
Types of personal data to be processed
When visiting the TREEADS website
The IT systems and applications designated for the operation of this Website detect, during the course of their ordinary operation, certain data – the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols – not associated with directly identifiable users.
The data collected may include cookies, IP addresses of computers used by Users connecting to the site, the URI – Uniform Resource Identifier – addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (completed successfully, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s IT environment.
When filing a question/request via our contact form
Other personal data collected are those provided by the user/visitor when corresponding with the e-mail addresses indicated on our Site or when filling out our online contact form.
The sending of personal, non-mandatory data also by email on an optional, explicit and voluntary basis to the addresses indicated on this website means that the address of the sender is then acquired, this being necessary in order to respond to the request, together with any other personal data included in the message.
When you register to receive Newsletters
We use Mailchimp as a service to create and distribute the project newsletter as well as manage subscriptions. The personal data that are collected are the following: email address; first name; last name.
How your personal data is collected
We collect and further process personal data in compliance with all applicable legislation and/or regulations, including without limitation the (i) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will comply at all times with data protection law and principles, which means that your personal data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you herein and/or from time to time, and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have informed you;
- Kept securely.
Lawful processing of your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the applicable law allows us to do so. Typically, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct newsletters, emails or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
TREEADS’s Data Protection Officer may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the processing of your data when using the TREEADS website or you wish to exercise any of your rights as data subject.
Data Protection Policy
The present data protection policy clarifies in a layered manner the processing of personal information of visitors of the TREEADS project website. The data processing on the TREEADS website is pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), Greek Law 4624/2019 on the protection of personal data and any other applicable law.
Your personal data is retained only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes described above, and they will not be retained more than 5 years after the end of the project unless a longer retention period is required by legal obligations or regulations.
Your personal data are processed by electronic means in compliance with the provisions of art. 32 of GDPR 2016/679, national law and in compliance with the principles of data’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Your personal data are transferred in an encoded manner using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the additional “s” after “http” (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or from the lock icon. Moreover, we use suitable technical and organizational measures, which are being continuously enhanced, to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties.
Data recipients for:
- Elements that the Consortium is obligated or entitled to by law, contract, judgement and regulatory decision to notify may be public and independent administrative authorities, judicial authorities and public officials.
- All the elements necessary for the achievement of each specific purpose: the Administration and the relevant services of the Consortium.
The Consortium shall not disclose, assign, exchange, grant or otherwise dispose, without the consent of the user/visitor, to third parties, natural or legal persons, personal data other than the cases mentioned above within the scope of national laws provisions.
No transfer to non- EU countries/ international organizations is foreseen.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding it.
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority ( www.dpa.gr ).
- Withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal does not affect the processing of your data which is based on the consent you have given before the withdrawal. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose/purposes you originally agreed to.
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for dissemination and communication purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at the contact details provided on the website.